FAQ - Ava PA Web
How to resolve a user not receiving a reset password email
A user has a problem resetting their password: they do not receive an email.
This is usually because their email address is incorrect. To resolve this simply follow these very easy steps:
- We need to be absolutely certain of their correct email address so: get the user to send you an email explicitly containing their email address in the body: its true but sometimes “Reply-to” email addresses are automatically set and can be wrong!
- Send an email them to using address copied from the body of the email (do not just use “Reply-to” for the above reason)
- Confirm they have received this email: so we now know the copied email address is absolutely correct (no commas where there should be fullstops etc)!
- Open their record card and go to the home email address, is almost certainly an incorrect email address (even if at first glance it looks similar).
- Click edit on the record card address: Copy the correct email from the email above (please dont just read it and say to yourself "looks the same" or type it), save.
- Get the user to click reset password button.
- Confirm the user has received their reset password email.
Result: happy user.
If you found this information useful, please share it!
This FAQ was last updated on Wednesday, October 26, 2016