The employee availability diary can be accessed from anywehere in the software and is automatically displayed when making a phone call to a staff member.
Staff availability and absence can be updated through ticking the appropriate box. If a member of staff can only work weekdays, this can be added to their availability diary, and they won't be notified if there is any weekend work.
If a member of staff is booked they will receive an email or text message to confirm that they are booked for that shift.
It is useful to have the following information to hand when contacting a staff member:
- Availability for yesterday, today and tomorrow to avoid calls during sleep periods or sensitive situations
- Staff notes available for updating
- Any outstanding or soon to be required certification or renewal information
- Any outstanding shifts that the employee may be interested in
- Alternate contact numbers
- Current acquired holiday leave (hours and value)