The employee availability diary can be accessed from anywhere within the software and every time a phone call is made to a member of staff the diary is displayed.
The dates a member of staff is free or unavailable can be easily updated on the diary by ticking a box. The diary also uses the colours red and green for easy interpretation, where red means booked and green means available for work. If a member of staff has stated they can only work weekdays, this will show on their diary and weekends will be shown as unavailable.
If a booking is made through the use of the availability diary the member of staff will receive an automatically generated text or email to confirm them for that shift.
When taking a booking it will help to have the following information to hand, to save any hassle:
- Availability for yesterday, today and tomorrow to avoid calls during sleep periods or sensitive situations
- Staff notes available for updating
- Any outstanding or soon to be required certification or renewal information
- Any outstanding shifts that the employee may be interested in
- Alternate contact numbers
- Current acquired holiday leave (hours and value)