Run an ISO image (and others) without blowing a DVD
You want to install a program from a downloaded ISO image
directly - you've run out of blank DVDs, feeling green, just dont
have the time: this enables you to convert your physical CD/DVD
discs into "virtual discs" so called "images". Supported
- Standard ISO
- Media descriptor MDS, MDX
- Blind read, write B5T, B6T, BWT
- Cloned CD CCD
- Cue sheet CUE
- Compressed ISO ISZ
- Nero NRG
- Instant CD, DVD PDI
- Disk Juggler CDI
Here is a free tool (there are
also paid versions with different licensing or more
The entire set of Sysinternals Utilities rolled up into a single download.
- AccessChk is a command-line tool for viewing the effective
permissions on files, registry keys, services, processes, kernel
objects, and more.
- AccessEnum is simple yet powerful security tool shows you who
has what access to directories, files and Registry keys on your
systems. Use it to find holes in your permissions.
- AdExplorer is an Active Directory Explorer is an advanced
Active Directory (AD) viewer and editor.
- AdInsight is a LDAP (Light-weight Directory Access Protocol)
real-time monitoring tool aimed at troubleshooting Active Directory
- AdRestore to undelete Server 2003 Active Directory
- Autologon to bypass password screen during logon.
- Autoruns: See what programs are configured to startup
automatically when your system boots and you login. Autoruns also
shows you the full list of Registry and file locations where
applications can configure auto-start settings.
- BgInfo a fully-configurable program automatically generates
desktop backgrounds that include important information about the
system including IP addresses, computer name, network adapters, and
- BlueScreen a screen saver not only accurately simulates Blue
Screens, but simulated reboots as well (complete with CHKDSK), and
works on Windows NT 4, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Server 2003 and
- CacheSet is a program that allows you to control the Cache
Manager's working set size using functions provided by NT. It's
compatible with all versions of NT.
- ClockRes views the resolution of the system clock, which is
also the maximum timer resolution.
- Contig to quickly defragment your frequently used files? Use
Contig to optimize individual files, or to create new files that
- Coreinfo is a new command-line utility that shows you the
mapping between logical processors and the physical processor, NUMA
node, and socket on which they reside, as well as the cache's
assigned to each logical processor.
- Ctrl2cap is a kernel-mode driver that demonstrates keyboard
input filtering just above the keyboard class driver in order to
turn caps-locks into control keys. Filtering at this level allows
conversion and hiding of keys before NT even "sees" them. Ctrl2cap
also shows how to use NtDisplayString() to print messages to the
- DebugView intercepts calls made to DbgPrint by device drivers
and OutputDebugString made by Win32 programs. It allows for viewing
and recording of debug session output on your local machine or
across the Internet without an active debugger.
- Desktops enables you to create up to four virtual desktops and
to use a tray interface or hotkeys to preview what's on each
desktop and easily switch between them.
- Disk2vhd simplifies the migration of physical systems into
virtual machines (p2v).
DiskExt to Display volume disk-mappings.
- Diskmon captures all hard disk activity or acts like a software
disk activity light in your system tray.
DiskView is a Graphical disk sector utility.
- Disk Usage (DU) to View disk usage by directory.
- EFSDump to View information for encrypted files.
- Handle is a handy command-line utility will show you what files
are open by which processes, and much more.
Hex2dec to convert hex numbers to decimal and vice versa.
- Junction creates Win2K NTFS symbolic links.
- LDMDump to dump the contents of the Logical Disk Manager's
on-disk database, which describes the partitioning of Windows 2000
- ListDLLs lists all the DLLs that are currently loaded,
including where they are loaded and their version numbers. Version
2.0 prints the full path names of loaded modules.
- LiveKd uses Microsoft kernel debuggers to examine a live
- LoadOrder to see the order in which devices are loaded on your
- LogonSessions to list the active logon sessions on a
- MoveFile allows you to schedule move and delete commands for
the next reboot.
- NTFSInfo to see detailed information about NTFS volumes,
including the size and location of the Master File Table (MFT) and
MFT-zone, as well as the sizes of the NTFS meta-data files.
- PageDefrag to defragment your paging files and Registry
- PendMoves to enumerate the list of file rename and delete
commands that will be executed the next boot.
- PipeList displays the named pipes on your system, including the
number of maximum instances and active instances for each
- PortMon to monitor serial and parallel port activity with this
advanced monitoring tool. It knows about all standard serial and
parallel IOCTLs and even shows you a portion of the data being sent
and received. Version 3.x has powerful new UI enhancements and
advanced filtering capabilities.
- ProcDump for capturing process dumps of otherwise difficult to
isolate and reproduce CPU spikes. It also serves as a general
process dump creation utility and can also monitor and generate
process dumps when a process has a hung window or unhandled
- Process Explorer to find out what files, registry keys and
other objects processes have open, which DLLs they have loaded, and
more. This uniquely powerful utility will even show you who owns
- Process Monitor to Monitor file system, Registry, process,
thread and DLL activity in real-time.
- ProcFeatures reports processor and Windows support for Physical
Address Extensions and No Execute buffer overflow protection.
- PsExec to execute processes on remote systems.
- PsFile to see what files are opened remotely.
- PsGetSid displays the SID of a computer or a user.
- PsInfo to Obtain information about a system.
- PsKill to Terminate local or remote processes.
- PsList to show information about processes and threads.
- PsLoggedOn to show users logged on to a system.
- PsLogList to Dump event log records.
- PsPasswd to change account passwords.
- PsService View and control services.
- PsShutdown shuts down and optionally reboots a computer.
- PsSuspend to suspend and resume processes.
- PsTools includes command-line utilities for listing the
processes running on local or remote computers, running processes
remotely, rebooting computers, dumping event logs, and more.
- RAMMap is an advanced physical memory usage analysis utility
that presents usage information in different ways on its several
- RegDelNull to Scan for and delete Registry keys that contain
embedded null-characters that are otherwise undeleteable by
standard Registry-editing tools.
- RegJump to jump to the registry path you specify in
- RootkitRevealer to scan your system for rootkit-based
- SDelete to securely overwrite your sensitive files and cleanse
your free space of previously deleted files using this
DoD-compliant secure delete program.
- ShareEnum to Scan file shares on your network and view their
security settings to close security holes.
- ShellRunas Launches programs as a different user via a
convenient shell context-menu entry.
- Sigcheck is for Dump file version information and verify that
images on your system are digitally signed.
- Streams Reveals NTFS alternate streams.
- Strings to search for ANSI and UNICODE strings in
- Sync to flush cached data to disk.
- TCPView is an active socket command-line viewer.
- VMMap is a process virtual and physical memory analysis
- VolumeId to set Volume ID of FAT or NTFS drives.
- Whois see who owns an Internet address.
- WinObj is the ultimate Object Manager namespace viewer.
- ZoomIt is presentation utility for zooming and drawing on the
Are all available here. (you
may need a windows live ID to access)