FAQ - Umbraco
You do not have permission to access \\server\users\user\desktop
When logging in, if you are getting an error message saying "You
do not have permission to access \\server\users\user\dekstop",
there are permission problems on the file server. To solve
- Remote desktop onto the file server mentioned in the error
- Log in as the local administrator
- Navigate to the location of the folder that you were trying to
- Right click it, click "Properties", then click the "Security"
- Click "Advanced", then "Owner" then "Edit", then "Other users
- Type the name of your original user into the box and click
- Check the "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects" checkbox
and click "OK" twice
- Click "Advanced" again, then "Change Permissions"
- Highlight your name and click "Edit"
- Check "Full control" in the Allow column then "OK"
- Make sure both the "Include inheritable..." and "Replace
all..." checkboxes are checked and click "OK" three times
Go to your desktop on the original user (not remote desktop) and
hit F5 and you should see you files!
If you found this information useful, please share it!
This FAQ was last updated on Wednesday, September 30, 2015