FAQ - Pre sales Questions
What do I need to have the Ava portal look like my site
Guidance for styling your Ava web portal to match your web site.
The Ava advance agency web temporary staff system is very flexible in terms of the style matching your main web site so that your customers and employees feel at home moving between the two. In other words the two can be integrated into one for the majority of web users. To make this integration process as smooth as possible there are a number of simple steps which you the customer need to go through.
Before integration starts, the design that our portal will integrate to needs to be finalised. Why? Well, if a week, month, year or two down the road you decide on re-styling of your web site then we need to repeat the styling process at our end. This takes us the same time each time around and so regrettably has additionally the same costs. So we at Ava start from a snapshot of you web site which you are asked to supply, then we both know where we are and we can then do the styling once and you have the lowes possible costs.
- Please supply a definitive snapshot of the web page design you want us to mimic.
- Please supply a “favicon” In addition to the definitive snapshot, what else do you need to supply? There are a number of files: these should be supplied as png or ico files as these are the modern formats and produce the best results in terms of sharpness, minimum size (which helps pages load quickly) and also have background transparency. The “favicon” is what appears on your bookmark bar and sometimes in the address bar and page tab of your web browser. You can find out more about it on the wiki page link at the bottom of this page. It should be supplied to the exact sizes specified in the wiki article.
- Please supply a home page logo. It should incorporate any boarder so it spaces the top of the page and the menu exactly. It must be the exact size it appears on the web page. This should be supplied as png or ico file as these are the modern formats and produce the best results in terms of sharpness, minimum size (which helps pages load quickly) and also have background transparency.
- Please supply a gradient background fill if required. This can be supplied as a vertical 1 pixel wide image the height of the gradient fill or as a css definition.
- Please supply the main colours you want to use on your site. These should be supplied as css colour definitions: example #00000 is black, #FFFFFF is white.
- Please supply the font type, colour and specify the size of any “by line” you want to appear in the page header.
- Please supply a banner image if required. It should incorporate any boarder so it spaces the top of the page and the menu exactly. It must be the exact size it appears on the web page. This should be supplied as png or ico file as these are the modern formats and produce the best results in terms of sharpness, minimum size (which helps pages load quickly) and also have a background transparency option.
- If you are using our smart notification apps for mobile phones, then please supply favicons in the sizes specified for Apple, Android and Windows phones.
- If you want the users to be able to go back to your site from the portal, then your site needs to be secure. All Ava advanced agency web system web pages are secured (https) and this means they cannot have any insecure (http) content. Insecure content includes links to insecure (http) sites (sites without a security certificate). Web page security follows the same rules as locking you front door and leaving the front ground floor window wide open.
The default styling of the Ava advanced temporary staff scheduling portal (click on image for larger version)
Definitions of standard sizes for Favicon
If you found this information useful, please share it!
This FAQ was last updated on Friday, June 24, 2016